Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What I'm doing right now is totally inappropriate...

...and I'm not even going to get into it, but let the record reflect that I am being totally inappropriate right now.

So, I think this is officially my first blog of 2008...wait...was that kid-punching thing 2008? It might have been, but I'm not counting that because it wasn't really a blog, it was just me posting a survey/quiz link thing that I did. Just a "I haven't blogged in awhile so I'm gonna post this random thing and hope that suffices for a while." Yeah.

Anywho...as I mentioned I'm being totally inappropriate right now, but seeing as how I'm still not talking about that, I will say that I haven't been "to work" since Friday. And that really shouldn't count because we got sent home around lunchtime, and the reason we got sent home is because - apparently - we've been operating for any given time as a business without the appropriate Chicago business license. Yeah. Which really isn't that big of a deal, but for the sake of not getting fined, my boss has instructed us to "work from home" until this whole thing is cleared up, which, as of now, means we're going to work no earlier than tomorrow - Thursday - morning...for the first time in, like, a week.

And frankly, I'm having a damn good time "working from home." The reason I keep putting this phrase into parens is because, frankly, I haven't really been doing much "work. " I mean, I'm perfectly capable of getting all my shit done from home, buuuuut...I just have so many distractions - i.e: pretty much every talk show on TV right now. "Well, why don't you just turn the TV off, Aim?" you ask? "Because," I respond," I don't wanna!" And there you have it.

Plus, "working from home" is the perfect excuse for me to slack off...meaning that since I am "working from home," I don't have 100% of the necessary tools needed to complete my job at 100% capacity. I have e-mails in my Outlook that I can't access from home, since Outlook is on my office computer. I mean, really, the excuses are endless.

And these excuses are not because I'm lazy - ask anybody! I'm a hard-working motherfucker! I haven't taken a vacation since 2006 - and I was due a two-week vacation in 2007!! So yeah. That's the way that cookie crumbles. Oooh this is long. I'm actually kinda proud of myself!

xo

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrea Scarfo said...

I was wondering why I hadn't been seeing you online, now I know! So, a whole week off, and I'm assuming since you're supposed to be "working from home" that you're getting paid for that? Awesome!
I'm trying to think of what you may have been doing that was inappropriate at the time... Hmmmm... Was it inappropriate in general or just in that situation? It couldn't have been any more inappropriate than kicking the ass of 24 5 year olds.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was the inapprops something to do with a melody?

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat blog[/URL], You are far from alone if you have no clue about blackhat marketing. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or little-understood avenues to generate an income online.

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home