Saturday, August 19, 2006

Can sex ever be just sex?

And so concludes my week of frustration, with today being the peak. I could list the sources of my discontent, but that would just be a long rant of things I have no control over. So I'll just keep them bottled inside along with the rest of my feelings I don't wish to share. Dang, it's getting crowded in there!

I've been feeling like my personality is stagnating. Lately, it seems all I do is work, get drunk, sleep, eat, work some more, get drunk again, etc. I've been thinking of ways to make myself more interesting, and I've decided I should take some classes or something. There are so many things I'm interested in, and it's a great way to meet new people. But I need to wait until I move out of here because I don't want to start something and then have to up and leave. And I expect the moving out to happen very soon. Like I'm talking October 1. That's already waaaay past the original deadlines I set for myself.

Marlyn suggested a book club. She said she'd be interested in joining, too. Now don't get me wrong, I love to read (I'm serious!) but I just don't have that intellectual capacity to analyze every little detail in that scholarly, bookish way. Trust me, I know this. I spent the better part of college in Lit classes and let me tell you, I don't know how the hell anyone's supposed to read Shakespeare without Cliff's Notes.

But I can have more general, casual conversations about books. I do that all the time. Maybe it's not such a bad idea. I'm smart. Just as long as we're not reading "The Canterbury Tales" or anything like that (been there, done that, fell asleep).

There's some other stuff I want to get into, too. Like I'd love to take a ceramics class. I know I'd be good at that shit. I'm artsy. I'm also thinking of getting into fashion merchandising because that will really help me get into Vogue and take over Anna Wintour's job coup d'etat style. That bitch is goin' down!

Just kiddin', Anna, love ya! Look'n good, mama, keep up the great work ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home