Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I'm gonna have a B.F.*

I'm so frickin' pissed. Mostly at my boss. Actually, 100% at my boss.

K, first things first. My boss - we'll call him "Boss"- does not give a shit about his company. Point blank. And this is proven by his non-presence at the office, his inability to pay his employees on time and his general ambivalence towards all things company-related.

For example, if you know me, or even if you've read my previous blog, you know I'm kinda on the poor side. Yeah. So yesterday I was asked to go to the post office to overnight a check to cover Boss's ass. I was given the "company" credit card and headed over there in pre-monsoon-type conditions.

Of course, since my name isn't on the card, the post office wouldn't take it, so I ponied up my own Discover Card to pay the $16.25 to overnight the damn thing. Boss would still be at the office when I returned, so I figured I could have him cut me an expense check before he left. Right?

Nuh uh. Upon my return to the office in minutes-before-monsoon-hits-type conditions, I poke my head into Boss's office and tell him the situation, ask if he can cut me a check that day - to which he replies "Yes." - then go back to my work.

Fast-forward to 7:00 p.m. My work is done and I knock on Boss's door to "say goodbye" (AKA: get my money), but he's on the phone and gives me the "just-one-minute"-index-finger sign. OK fine, I can wait a minute. I had left the door open a crack just so I could hear when his phone conversation ended - not so could eavesdrop, because really, I don't care.

Ten minutes later, I heard Boss stand up and go over and slam the door, still on the phone. Fuck it, I thought. This could take hours, knowing him, and I'm not waiting around. How rude is that, though? You tell someone you're going to do something before they leave work, and you just flat out don't do it? Fucking do it while I'm standing there so you don't forget, asshole! Especially when money's involved and I'm already livin' la vida broka.

So that sucked.

And then I get an e-mail from Boss this morning saying that a lunch meeting I had been coordinating with another company was a good idea, but that there was no need to "shut down the office" so everyone here can go. That "one, possibly two" people max should go have have a "clear plan outlined" for the meeting. That with sales the way they are there's no way we all should be out having a meeting with a client.

Ugh! There are sooo many things wrong with that e-mail:

1) It was a casual lunch meeting offered by our client as more of a meet-and-greet, not a hard-sell meeting.

2) It's fucking summer! Cut us some slack and let us go out to lunch with some people!

3) Sales aren't going to be remedied in one afternoon, so might as well just go to lunch.

4) Nothing is going to be remedied until Boss steps up to the plate and starts taking responsiblity for and ownership of the company he owns and making a contribution instead of bitching and moaning when things don't go the way he wants them to - which , BTW, changes every fucking day.

And once again, monsoon-like conditions.




*Bitch Fit. God, haven't you seen "White Chicks?"

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I am 5 months behind. Despite that I think it is needed to call out a desperately important #5 to round out your list of reasons why 'boss' is really dumb and kinda stinky. So, without adding to the suspense...

5) One, maybe two people max should go to this lunch? What? Don't a grand toe-Tale of 3 - maybe 4 - people work there?

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home